Steps to Nature
The MaXi-Race adheres to the Steps To Nature Charter, which encourages outdoor organizers to take some “steps” to reduce our environmental impact and make us aware of sustainable sports practices.
We have been involved since the very first edition on these themes (water ramps, recycling, reusable supports …) but we will try to progress each year to make our event as neutral as possible for our playground and place of life .
Recycling your running shoes
In partnership with Entrepot du bricolage and RunCollect, we set up a collect of used shoes on the Salomon Gore-Tex MaXi-Race. After having traveled many kilometers together we propose to offer a second life to your shoes whatever their condition.
How to do ? Once cleaned, you only need to put them in one of the 2 bins provided for this purpose on the village exhibitor in the tent Entrepot du bricolage .
The shoes in state take the direction of the humanitarian circuit through French associations and are redistributed in order to put the poorest of us, here or elsewhere.
Other shoes that are too worn will be recycled and the materials used for their design will be reused. Thus, the fabric, the sole and the laces are isolated for a new production.
Note that Salomon offers a discount of 20 euros * on the purchase of a new Salomon shoe pair on the Endurance Shop stand during the event for each used pair reported.
*in the limit of the available stock
MaXi-Race Without Car
The MaXi-Race is mobilizing to reduce carbon emissions and heavy traffic around Lake Annecy.
To do this, various actions are put in place on our event to encourage participants to favor public transport very well provided on and around the Annecy basin.
In addition to the “ecolonomic” and practical considerations, be aware that it will be very difficult for you to park near the Albigny Beach where the exhibitor village and the departure / arrival area are located.
- Obligation for the relay teams to go by bus to the summit of Semnoz
- Set up shuttles for the start of the Marathon Race, Short Race and Femina Race.
- 50% discount on one product from our shop on presentation of a bus ticket composted to or in Annecy during the event.
Hotels, camping, accomodation… almost all are linked by the local bus company Sibra.
Products affected by this offer: MaXi-Shoe (see photo), Headbands, Sweatshirts, Visors.
- A MaXi Souvenir* pack offered to participants attesting to a round-trip train ticket composted on the weekend of the event.
Details of the MaXi Souvenir pack :
- About 10 photos (individual and ambiance) + the official video
- Offer limited to 500 pack – In partnership with Flash-Sport
All you have to do is go to the MaXi Souvenir tent on the exhibitor village and present your proof to take advantage of the reduction bus or that you are given the precious sesame to download your pack.
* For those who come on foot or by bike, we congratulate you greatly and will study the issue because it will be difficult to control it … but in the meantime comfort you by telling you that your trip did not cost you anything and that you have more last training or warmup before the race 🙂
#stepstonature #maxirace #nocar