Vertical Race – 4km
!! Registration are still open !!
- 4km – 850m Climb
- In 2018 : Limited to 100 runners
- Reference times:
- Men : Pierre CHAUVET in 34mn05sec (2014) – Emmanuel VAUDAN in 34mn15sec (2015) – Adrien PERRET in 35mn07sec (2016)
- Ladies : Anna FROST (NZ) in 40mn43sec (2014) – Adelaide PANTHEON in 40mn08sec (2015) – Sally FAWCETT (GBR) in 46mn51sec (2016)
- The V-Race is open to all men and ladies aged 16 years and over. No membership required. A medical certificate is compulsory. Those under 18 must have written permission from a parent/legal guardian, to be handed in, in their presence, at bib number distribution.
- Friday 25 May :
- 12.30pm to 5.20pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- 5.45pm: Briefing at Petit-Port
- 6.00pm: Start from Petit-port (every 10s)
- 8.45pm: end of the race
- Saturday 26 May at 12.45am: Awards ceremony 3 first men + 3 first ladies
- Start point: Annecy Lake’s Petit Port ( 1km from bib number distribution point) 74290
- There are no refreshment or water points in this race. Bring what you need in order to be self-sufficient
- Time limit : Pré Vernet 2km 482m vertical + at 7.30pm
- The clock will stop at the summit of Mont Barron. You will make your own way back down.
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container max 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1950m D- & 850m D+
Price for the Vertical-Race :
- + min €1 to charity
- +1€ extra payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2017
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 50 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 20 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request
Bib collection and start line
Bib collection MaXi-village : Plage D’Albigny, Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux.
Start line : petit Port, close to the MaXi-Village.
Dezoom to see all the important points on the map