Ultra Race 120km
6 new points
Many things change in 2019 : the tracks, the hour of the start, refreshment points… Please read carefully this page to have all the information.
The Ultra Race, a 120km ultra trail, is without doubt the most demanding course, a true personal challenge requiring dedicated and detailed preparation! Previous experience of Ultra races is recommended!
A significant part of the race will require you to be self-sufficient, with no refreshment points.
- 120km – 7800m climb and descent
- Date : Saturday 25 of may
- 2017 fastest time (Please note that in 2019, the race track changes):
- Ladies: 15h08 Caroline CHAVEROT
- Men : 12h55 FRançois D’HAENE
- On arrival, pick up your FINISHER’s gift: a high quality Salomon technical garment!
- Podium Sunday 26 at 10.30am –> 10 first men + 5 first ladies + 1st men and ladies in each age category
- The Ultra-Race is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born 1999 and earlier), no membership to an association required. A medical certificate is, however, compulsory.
- With this race you will win 6 new points
- Wednesday 27 of March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Friday 24 May : (Note that the race start earlier than 2018 race)
- from 12.30am to 6.30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- 11.30pm : entry and starting line up in order of bib numbers, allocated according to your ITRA ranking
- 11.45pm : briefing
- Saturday 26 May:
- 00.00am : start of the race
Best descender (In the Ultra-Race: sum of the times on the course’s 4 major descents, details to follow) : www.negatif-trail.org
Salomon Running Festival
More information about 2019 Salomon Running festival coming in october
The first man and woman non sponsored on Ultra-Race will be invited for a week of training with Max King et Ida Nilsson
Infos : www.salomonrunningfestival.com
Information about 2019 Refreshment points will be online on october.
Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Rav 1: food + water + Pepsi -> at km 18 (Semnoz Summit)
- Water point -> km 27 (St Eustache)
- Water point -> km 35.5 (Les Maisons)
- Light Rav 1 + Pepsi (no water! Be sure to fill up at km 35.5) -> at km 43.5 (end of the road before Col de la Frasse)
- Light Rav 2 + water (max 1.5l per runner) ->at km 59 (Combe d’Ire)
- Rav 2 : food + water + Pepsi -> at km 74 (Salle des fêtes, Doussard)
- Water point -> km81.7 (La côte – Montmin)
- Water point -> km 93.5 (Villards-dessus)
- Rav 3: food + water + Pepsi -> at km 99.5 (Menthon-St-Bernard Gymnasium)
- Light Rav -> at km 117 (Annecy-le-Vieux Beach)
!!! The refreshment point at the arrival gate will be light, it is not open to families, who must wait outside the arrival zone. You will not be able to return to the final refreshment point once you have left the arrival zone!
Outside of these specific zones, any external help is forbidden. For example, you cannot have a “water carrier” running with you, even if they have their own bib number.
- Rav 1: (Semnoz Summit) No assistance is allowed in 2019
- Rav 2 : The place change. All the information will be online on october. No assistance will be allowed in Rav 2. You will only have access to your drop bag
- Rav 3: at km 96 (Menthon-St-Bernard Gymnasium) – Only place where assistance is allowed
In this assistance zone, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you want between the green sign (entrance) and the red sign (exit). On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment ;o)
No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones (gymnasium). This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must therefore take place before or after these zones, between the green sign (start of zone) and the red sign (end of zone).
If you want to find a bag at the refresement point N°2 (exact place will be online on october) you have to use the drop bag given by the organisation when you collect your bib.
Important information :
- This bag close with a zipper
- Water is forbidden inside. You will find water and pepsi on the refreshment point
- Poles are allowed if they are in the bag. Please protect the metal tips
- You have to give this bag to the organisation on friday not at the beginning of the race
- To collect your drop bag after the race (from saturday 5pm to sunday 12am), your bib will be mandatory
Information about 2019 Time limits will be online on october
- Start : MaXi-Village = 1.30am
- KM8: Crossing the Route du Semnoz = 3.30am
- Km 18: Summit of Semnoz (Rav 1) = 6am
- Km 36: “Les maisons” water point = 10am
- Km 42.5 : light Rav 1 : End of the road before Col de la Frasse =12.10am
- Km58 : Light Rav 2 “Combe d’Ire” = 4pm
- Km74: Doussard (Rav 2) = 7.50pm
- Km 81.2 : Climb to chalet de l’Aulps = 11.15pm
- Km 96: Menthon-St-Bernard (Rav 3) = 3.30am (Sunday)
PLEASE NOTE anyone passing Rav 3 after 6pm, the final section of the race is on very technical single track and you will likely be running at night. We will therefore ask you to be wearing your head torch when you set off. If a race official sees you without a head torch, or with one which doesn’t work, you will be immediately removed from the race. Be sure, therefore, to bring spare batteries if needed.
- Km 103 : Col des Contrebandiers = 6am (Sunday)
- KM103.8: After 10pm runners will take the second track to reach the end of the race
- End of the race (plus finishers gifts, transport by minibus) at 8am on Sunday
On arrival, pick up your FINISHER’s gift: a high quality Salomon technical garment!
Time of awards ceremony TBC -> 10 first men + 5 first ladies + first men and ladies from each age category.
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container max 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1950m D- & 850m D+
Price for the Ultra-Race 120 km:
- + min €1 to charity
- + €1.5 extra for payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2019
- Friday evening meal: €12 per person
- Post-race meal : €12 per person
- Distance and elevation map protected from the rain with a practical clips to fix it on your bag : 6€
Distance and elevation map only : 3€
- Cancellation insurance: see price and conditions on the relevant page
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 50 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 20 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request
Bib number collection and start of the race
Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux : Plage D’Albigny, Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux