Ultra Race 116km
6 new points
The Ultra Race, a 116km ultra trail, is without doubt the most demanding course, a true personal challenge requiring dedicated and detailed preparation! Previous experience of Ultra races is recommended!
A significant part of the race will require you to be self-sufficient, with no refreshment points.
- 116.5km – 7360m climb and descent
- Date : Saturday 26 of may
- Estimated fastest time:
- Ladies: 15h08 Caroline CHAVEROT
- Men : 12h55 FRançois D’HAENE
- In 2018: 900 runners max
- On arrival, pick up your FINISHER’s gift: a high quality Salomon technical garment!
- Podium Sunday 27 at 10.30am –> 10 first men + 5 first ladies + 1st men and ladies in each age category
- The Ultra-Race is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born 1998 and earlier), no membership to an association required. A medical certificate is, however, compulsory.
- With this race you will win 6 new points
- 31 March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Friday 25 May from 12.30am to 6.30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- Saturday 26 May:
- 1am: entry and starting line up in order of bib numbers, allocated according to your ITRA ranking
- 1.15am : briefing
- 1.30am: start
Best descender (In the Ultra-Race: sum of the times on the course’s 4 major descents, details to follow) : www.negatif-trail.org
Salomon Running Festival
The first man and woman non sponsored on Ultra-Race will be invited for a week of training with Max King et Ida Nilsson
Infos : www.salomonrunningfestival.com
Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Rav 1: food + water + Pepsi -> at km 18 (Semnoz Summit)
- Water point -> km 27 (St Eustache)
- Water point -> km 35.5 (Les Maisons)
- Light Rav 1 + Pepsi (no water! Be sure to fill up at km 35.5) -> at km 43.5 (end of the road before Col de la Frasse)
- Light Rav 2 + water (max 1.5l per runner) ->at km 59 (Combe d’Ire)
- Rav 2 : food + water + Pepsi -> at km 74 (Salle des fêtes, Doussard)
- Water point -> km81.7 (La côte – Montmin)
- Water point -> km 93.5 (Villards-dessus)
- Rav 3: food + water + Pepsi -> at km 99.5 (Menthon-St-Bernard Gymnasium)
- Light Rav -> at km 117 (Annecy-le-Vieux Beach)
!!! The refreshment point at the arrival gate will be light, it is not open to families, who must wait outside the arrival zone. You will not be able to return to the final refreshment point once you have left the arrival zone!
- Rav 1: at km 18 (Semnoz Summit)
- Rav 2 : at km 71 (Salle des fêtes, Doussard)
- Rav 3: at km 96 (Menthon-St-Bernard Gymnasium)
- In these assistance zones, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you want between the green sign (entrance) and the red sign (exit). On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment ;o)
- No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones (gymnasium or marquee). This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must therefore take place before or after these zones, between the green sign (start of zone) and the red sign (end of zone).
- You will be given a bag along with your bib number, to be dropped off Friday evening at the MaXi-Village (NOT at the start line on Saturday morning). It will be placed at the 2nd assistance zone at Doussard (km 71) and returned to you at the finish gate from 8am on Sunday.
- Start : MaXi-Village = 1.30am
- KM8: Crossing the Route du Semnoz = 3.30am
- Km 18: Summit of Semnoz (Rav 1) = 6am
- Km 36: “Les maisons” water point = 10am
- Km 42.5 : light Rav 1 : End of the road before Col de la Frasse =12.10am
- Km58 : Light Rav 2 “Combe d’Ire” = 4pm
- Km74: Doussard (Rav 2) = 7.50pm
- Km 81.2 : Climb to chalet de l’Aulps = 11.15pm
- Km 96: Menthon-St-Bernard (Rav 3) = 3.30am (Sunday)
PLEASE NOTE anyone passing Rav 3 after 6pm, the final section of the race is on very technical single track and you will likely be running at night. We will therefore ask you to be wearing your head torch when you set off. If a race official sees you without a head torch, or with one which doesn’t work, you will be immediately removed from the race. Be sure, therefore, to bring spare batteries if needed.
- Km 103 : Col des Contrebandiers = 6am (Sunday)
- KM103.8: After 10pm runners will take the second track to reach the end of the race
- End of the race (plus finishers gifts, transport by minibus) at 8am on Sunday
On arrival, pick up your FINISHER’s gift: a high quality Salomon technical garment!
Time of awards ceremony TBC -> 10 first men + 5 first ladies + first men and ladies from each age category.
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container max 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1950m D- & 850m D+
Price for the Ultra-Race 117 km:
- + min €1 to charity
- + €1.5 extra for payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2018
- Friday evening meal: €12 per person
- Post-race meal : €12 per person
- Distance and elevation map protected from the rain with a practical clips to fix it on your bag : 6€
Distance and elevation map only : 3€
- Cancellation insurance: see price and conditions on the relevant page
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 50 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 20 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request
Bib number collection and start of the race
Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux : Plage D’Albigny, Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux