The Short Race covers the final section of the tour of the lake, with unforgettable views over Annecy Lake.
- 17km – 1090m climb descent
- In 2019: Limited to 500 runners
- Start of the race friday 24th at 6pm (to be confirmed in october)
- Reference times:
- 1st Men: Gedeon POCHAT in 1h18 (2016)
- 1st Ladies: Corail BUGNARD in 1h32 (2014)
- Arrival times: (to be confirmed in october)
- First Men around 7.20pm
- First ladies around 7.30pm
- 100th around 8.20am
- Last: around 10pm
- The Short-Race is open to all men and ladies aged 16 years and over (born in 2003 and before). No membership required. A medical certificate is compulsory. Those under 18 must have written permission from a parent/legal guardian, to be handed in, in their presence, at bib number distribution.
The Young Trail Challenge
For the second consecutive year, MaXi-Race is part of the first running challenge in Europe for Young!
This challenge is made for the following categories : cadets, Juniors, Hopes.
More information in the website challenge
More information about 2019 edition on october
The first junior woman and man of the Short Race (non sponsored), will have an invitation for a week a training with : Max King et Ida Nilsson
Information on www.salomonrunningfestival.com
- Wednesday 27 March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Important dates will be confirme in october
- Friday 24 May
- from 12.30pm to 5pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- 5.30pm Bus departs from Annecy-le-Vieux to get to the start point (must be reserved upon registration)
- 6pm: entry into the start gates
- 6.15pm: briefing
- 6.30pm: start
- Time for the Awards ceremony to be confirme in october-> 3 first ladies + 1st in each age category
- Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Light rav on arrival–>km 17 (Annecy-le-Vieux beach)
!!! The refreshment point at the arrival gate will be light, it is not open to families, who must wait outside the arrival zone. You will not be able to return to the final refreshment point once you have left the arrival zone! Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
The bus leaves at Annecy-le-Vieux Petit port car park (less than 1km from the finish) at 7.30am.
Information available in october
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container max 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Food: there will be no refreshment point. Bring enough food and water to get you to the arrival in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
In case of bad weather, a “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket will be mendatory (it will be pecise at the bib collection).
Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly, that’s why we also strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1950m D- & 850m D+
Price for the Short-Race :
- + min €1 to charity
- +€1 extra payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2019
- Saturday evening meal: €12 per person
- Saturday post-race meal : €12 per person
- Distance and elevation maps protected from the rain with a practical clips to fix it on your bag : 6€
- Distance and elevation maps only : 3€
- Bus to the start point : 3€
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 50 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 20 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.email@example.com to make your request
Bib collection and start
Bib collection : MaXi-village : Plage D’Albigny, 27 Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux.
Bus transport (extra charge) : meeting at 7.30 am : 42 rue centrale 74960 Annecy le vieux
Start of the race: Menthon St Bernard, 71 Route de la Tournette, 74290 Menthon-Saint-Bernard.
Dezoom to see all the important places on the map
Retrait des dossards
Départ des navettes
42 rue centrale, 74940 Annecy le vieux