3 new points
If you want to participate to this race, you can visit plan D website wich propose to sell and buy bibs between runners.
The Marathon-Race will be part of the Over the mountain running Challenge. More information below
- 42km – 2650m of climb
- Date : Sunday 27 of may
- Reference times:
- Men: Benjamin PETITJEAN in 3h51
- Ladies: Céline LAFAYE in 4h22
- In 2018: Limited to 1400 runners (places fill up in a few weeks)
- Arrival times (based on 2017):
- First men between 11.15 and 11.30
- First ladies between 11:45 and 12:10
- 100th runner around 1pm
- 500th runner around 2.15pm
- 1000th runner around 3.30pm
- Last: 6.30
- The Ultra-Race is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born 1998 and earlier), no membership to an association required. A medical certificate is, however, compulsory.
- This race will bring you 3 new points
Over The Mountain Running Challenge
In 2018, this challenge is organized for the second year with the smae races. than 2017.
This challenge will be composed of six races and only the three best results will be taken in account.
Prices will be offered for the best men, women and young runners.
Informations and details are avalaible on : www.overthemountain.fr
2018 races :
- 46 km / Ergysport Trail du Ventoux, Bédoin (84).
- 49 km / La Bouillonnante : Grand Trail de Bouillon, Bouillon, Belgique.
- 42 km / Salomon Gore-Tex Maxi Race, Annecy-le-Vieux (74).
- 42 km / Marathon du Mont-Blanc, Chamonix (74).
- 45 km / Luchon Aneto Trail, Luchon (31).
- 42 km / Trail Ubaye Salomon, Barcelonnette (04).
- Wednesday 28 March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Friday 25 May from 12.30pm to 6.30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
No bib numbers will be distributed on Sunday!
- Sunday 27 May (Doussard)
- 6am : buses to join the start line (for thoses who have pre-booked)
- 7am : entry and starting line up in order of bib numbers, allocated according to your ITRA ranking
- 7.15am: briefing
- 7.30am: start line 1
- 7.38am: start line 2
- Water point –> km 9.3 (La côte – Montmin)
- Water point–> km 21.7 (Villards-dessus)
- Rav 1: food+water + Pepsi –> km 27.6 (Menthon-St-Bernard gymnasium)
- Light rav on arrival–>km 42 (Annecy-le-Vieux beach)
!!! The refreshment point at the arrival gate will be light, it is not open to families, who must wait outside the arrival zone. You will not be able to return to the final refreshment point once you have left the arrival zone!
Rav 1 –> km 27.6 (Menthon-St-Bernard gymnasium)
- In these assistance zones, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you want between the green sign (entrance) and the red sign (exit). On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment ;o)
- No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones (gymnasium or marquee). This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must therefore take place before or after these zones, between the green sign (start of zone) and the red sign (end of zone).
- There will be no assistance bags or bag storage zones in the Maxi-Race.
The bus leaves a 5.55am from the “Carrefour Market” car park in Annecy-le-Vieux, less than 1km from the finish line.
- Start: Doussard = 7.30am
- Km 13 : Ascent of Chalet de l’Aulp = 10.30am (in 2017 the last finisher passed at 10am)
- Km 28 : Departure from Rav 1 (Menthon St Bernard) : 2.30pm (in 2017 the last finisher passed at 2pm)
- Km 36 : Passing the col des contrebandiers (forest track) = 4.30pm ( in 2017 the last finisher passed at 4pm)
- End of the race (transport by minibus): 6.35pm
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container min 0.75 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1950m D- & 850m D+
Price for the Marathon-Race :
- + min €1 to charity
- +€1 extra payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2018
- Saturday evening meal: €12 per person
- Sunday post-race meal : €12 per person
- Distance and elevation maps protected from the rain with a practical clips to fix it on your bag : 6€
- Distance and elevation maps only : 3€
- Transport option: Bus to the start at Doussard €10 (departs 5.55am from Carrefour Market Annecy-le-Vieux)
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 50 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 20 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request
Bib collection and start
Bib collection MaXi-village : Plage D’Albigny, Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux.
A bus will be running as an extra option, to take you to the start. This must be reserved upon registration.
The bus leaves a 5.55am from the “Carrefour Market” car park : 33 Rue des Mouettes, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux
Start line : Route du Pont Monnet, 74210 Doussard