Marathon-Race complete (within9h) –> Sorry for the delayers, XL-Race or MaXi-Race could be a nice challenge, it open December 1st, at 12H.
2 new points
- 40km – 2500m of climb
- Date : Sunday 26 of may
- Reference times:
- Men: Benjamin PETITJEAN in 3h51
- Ladies: Céline LAFAYE in 4h22
- In 2018: Limited to 1400 runners (places fill up in a few hours)
- Arrival times (based on 2017):
- First men between 11.15 and 11.30
- First ladies between 11:45 and 12:10
- 100th runner around 1pm
- 500th runner around 2.15pm
- 1000th runner around 3.30pm
- Last: 6.30
- The Marathon-Race is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born 1999 and earlier), no membership to an association required. A medical certificate is, however, compulsory.
- This race will bring you 2 new points
- Wednesday 27 March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Saturday 25 May from 12.30pm to 6.30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
No bib numbers will be distributed on Sunday!
- Sunday 26 May
- 4.15 to 4.40am : buses starting from Annecy and Sevrier to join the start line (for thoses who have pre-booked).
- 5.15am : entry and starting line up in order of bib numbers, allocated according to your ITRA ranking
- 5.20am: briefing
- 5.30am: start line 1
- 5.35am: start line 2
- 5.40am : start line 3
- 5.45am : start line 4
- 5.50am : start line 5
- Water point –> km 9.3 (La côte – Montmin)
- Rav 1: food+water + Pepsi –> km 21.7 (Villards-dessus)
Please note that there is no water at the Mont Barron summit.
- Light rav on arrival–>km 40 (Annecy-le-Vieux beach)
!!! The refreshment point at the arrival gate will be light, it is not open to families, who must wait outside the arrival zone. You will not be able to return to the final refreshment point once you have left the arrival zone!
Exceptionnally in 2019 the refreshment point from Villard Dessus is not accessible by car (the road will be closed).
So there is no assistance zone for the Marathon-Race
There is two different start point :
- The first one is located at Annecy Le Vieux near of the finish line. Meeting point : Carrefour Market car park. 33 Rue des Mouettes, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux. Meeting at 3.55am
- The second one is located at Sevrier. Meeting near of Mac Donald. Meeting point : route d’Albertville, 74320 Sévrier . Meeting at 4am
- Start: Doussard = 5.30am
- Km 13 : Ascent of Chalet de l’Aulp = 9am
- Km 22 : Departure from Rav 2 (Villard Dessus) : 11.30am
- Km 30 : Passing the col des contrebandiers (forest track) = 2pm
- km 34 : Pré Vernet = 3.30pm
- End of the race (transport by minibus): 5pm
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container min 0.75 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
42km by night in team of 2 / Start from Semnoz summit to reach Poisy / 1950m D- & 850m D+
Price for the Marathon-Race :
- + min €1 to charity
- +€2 extra payment cost
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2019
- Saturday evening meal: €12 per person
- Sunday post-race meal : €12 per person
- Transport option: €8
- MaXi-Race cap: €15
- Race picture: 15€ (More information on enrolment page)
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
770 : Bib reserved but you have to buy
820 : Free*
650 : Bib reserved but you have to buy
700 : Free*
*Within the limits of the avalaible bibs
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request
Bib collection and start
Bib collection MaXi-village : Plage D’Albigny, Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux.
A bus will be running as an extra option, to take you to the start. This must be reserved upon registration.
There is two different start point :
- The first one is located at Annecy Le Vieux near of the finish line. Meeting point : Carrefour Market car park. 33 Rue des Mouettes, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux.
- The second one is located at Sevrier. Meeting near of Mac Donald. Meeting point : route d’Albertville, 74320 Sévrier .
Start line : Route du Pont Monnet, 74210 Doussard