MaXi-Race 85 km
4 new points
- 85km – 5300m of climb and descent
- Date : Saturday 26 of may
- Reference times
- Ladies: Natahlie MAUCLAIR (FRA) in 9h30
- Men : Sylvain COURT (FRA) in 8h15
- In 2018: Limited to 1500 runners, the race is generally full in 15 to 20 days
- Arrival times:
- 1st Men around 1.30pm-2pm
- 1st Ladies around 2.30pm-3pm
- 100th finisher around 5.30pm
- 500th finisher around 9.10pm
- 1000th finisher around11.55pm
- Last finisher around 1am (race closes at 2am)
- On arrival, pick up your FINISHER’s gift: a high-quality Salomon technical garment!
- Awards ceremony at 5pm ->10 first men + 5 first ladies + first men and ladies in each age category
- The Maxi-Race (83km) is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born in 1996 or earlier), no membership to an association is required. A medical certificate is, however, compulsory.
- With this race you will win 4 new ITRA points (=UTMB points)
- Wednesday 28 March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Friday 25 May from 12.30pm to 6.30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- Saturday 26 May:
- 4.30am entry and starting line up in order of bib numbers, allocated according to your ITRA ranking
- 4.45am : Briefing.
- 5.00am : Start
- 5.30pm : Podium
- Who is the best team/club (put the name on your registration form) – Team/club rankings for the 86km solo – The sum of the times for 2M+1L with the same team name. Hoka was the first team to win the trophy in 2016 – In 2017 Team Salomon will challenge the current champions!
- Negative-Trail Challenge : Best descender (In the 86km solo: sum of the times on the course’s 4 major descents, details to follow) : www.negatif-trail.org
Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- Rav 1: food + water + Pepsi -> at km 17,9 (Semnoz Summit)
- Water point -> km 26,8 (St Eustache)
- Water point -> km 35.5 (Les Maisons)
- Rav 2 : food + water + Pepsi -> at km 43,3 (Salle des fêtes, Doussard)
- Water point -> km 50.9 (La côte – Montmin)
- Water point -> km 62.8 (Villards-dessus)
- Rav 3: food + water + Pepsi -> at km 68.3 (Menthon-St-Bernard Gymnasium)
- Light Rav -> at km 83 (Annecy-le-Vieux Beach)
!!! The refreshment point at the arrival gate will be light, it is not open to families, who must wait outside the arrival zone. You will not be able to return to the final refreshment point once you have left the arrival zone!
- Rav 1: at km 19 (Semnoz Summit)
- Rav 2 : at km 44 (Salle des fêtes, Doussard)
- Rav 3: at km 63.8(Menthon-St-Bernard Gymnasium)
- In these assistance zones, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you want between the green sign (entrance) and the red sign (exit). On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment ;o)
- No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones (gymnasium or marquee). This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must therefore take place before or after these zones, between the green sign (start of zone) and the red sign (end of zone).
- You will be given a bag along with your bib number, to be dropped off Friday evening at the MaXi-Village (NOT at the start line on Saturday morning). It will be placed at the 2nd assistance zone at Doussard (km 71) and returned to you at the finish gate from 8am on Sunday.
- Start : MaXi-Village = 5.20am
- KM 7.68: Crossing the Route du Semnoz = 6.30am
- Km 17.9: Summit of Semnoz (Rav 1) = 9.30am – in 2016 the last finisher passed at 850am
- Km 35.5: “Les maisons” water point = 1pm – in 2016 the last finisher passed at 12.05pm
- Km 43.3: Doussard (Rav 2) = 2.30pm – in 2016 the last finisher left Rav2 at 1.50pm
- Km 53.5 Climb to chalet de l’Aulps = 5pm – in 2016 the last finisher passed at 4.40
- Km 68.4 : Menthon-St-Bernard (Rav 3) =8.40pm – in 2016, the last finisher passed at 8.20pm
PLEASE NOTE anyone passing Rav 3 after 6pm, the final section of the race is on very technical single track and you will likely be running at night. We will therefore ask you to be wearing your head torch when you set off. If a race official sees you without a head torch, or with one which doesn’t work, you will be immediately removed from the race. Be sure, therefore, to bring spare batteries if needed.
- Km 75.7 : Col des contrebandiers =11pm – in 2016 the last finisher passed at 10.30pm.
- KM 77.3 : After 10pm runners will take the second track to reach the end of the race
- End of the race (plus finishers gifts, and transport by minibus) at 1am
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up ;o).
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container min 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
Price for the Maxi-Race :
- + min €1 to charity
- + €1 extra for non-members of the FFA (for insurance)
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2018
- Friday evening meal: €11 per person
- Post-race meal : €11 per person
- Cancellation insurance: see price and conditions on the relevant page
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 50 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 20 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Check your ITRA ranking: click here
What to do:
Email Cyril C.firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request
Bib number collection and start of the race
Bib number and welcome pack collection in Annecy-le-Vieux : Plage D’Albigny, Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux